KUALA LUMPUR: Tan Sri M. Kayveas has withdrawn his resignation as president of MyPPP, Federal Territories MyPPP and advisor to Perak state.
A statement on the matter which included a withdrawal letter and resignation letter dated April 23 was uploaded on his Twitter account today.
Kayveas in confirming the matter to the NSTP, stressed that he took the decision in returning, to serve MyPPP.
This was after party grassroots had urged him to reconsider his decision to quit, he said.
The former one term Taiping member of Parliament said he was not bothered if there are certain quarters who had labeled his move in returning to the party as an u-turn.
This Kayveas said as they did not know what is actually transpiring within MyPPP at the moment.
“They (grassroots) had repeatedly asked me to return … please return … all were afraid. As such, I returned as the President to set things right and at the same to prevent party members and those with positions from being bullied and allow us to carry out our responsibility in a professional manner,” he said.
“We need to revive the respect and credibility (in MyPPP). The party needs to be cleansed and we should not allow that which had taken place in from being repeated.
“As such I do not have any choice but to withdraw my intention to step down from the party’s highest position and continue with my tasks,” he said.
Kayveas in a posting on Twitter announced last week announced that he had resigned as MyPPP president and Perak state advisor, effective last Monday.
It was believed that his decision to step down was due to his failure to secure candidacy for the Cameron Highlands parliamentary seat lobbied by the party.
BN has since named MIC Youth chief, Datuk C. Sivaraajh as candidate for the seat.
Kayveas had also threatened to pull the party from the Barisan Nasional.
However, in a twist the MyPPP Supreme Council claimed that Kayveas was actually sacked, due to actions deemed as damaging to the party.
MyPPP deputy secretary general Datuk Simon Sabapathy, said the leadership had fired Kayveas first prior to his announcement.
Simon pointed out that the party decided to sack Kayveas following a letter, dated April 24, from Barisan Nasional (BN) secretary-general, Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
He said the letter clearly noted some of the actions and statements made by Kayveas that were considered potentially damaging to the relationship between MyPPP, BN and other component parties.
Explaining his relations with BN and MyPPP leadership, Kayveas said he had no problems with them, especially BN secretary-general, Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
He also thanked the BN leadership for placing their trust in MyPPP to stand in the Segambut Parliament seat.
“I am confident that vice-president, Datuk Dr Loga Bala Mohan is qualified, because as the Federal Territories Deputy Minister he had done much in Kuala Lumpur, especially in Segambut.
“I will go down (to Segambut). I will do what I am able to,” he said – NST
BERITA BERKENAAN : Calon BN Disaran Jauhi Budaya Politik Maki Hamun Pembangkang